Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Where to Put Things

For a year or so my wife and I have used Carradice SQR saddle bags, with excellent results. Normally I'd never spend so much on on an accessory like this, but the the shear volume and convenience outweigh other considerations. The wife has the Tour, I use a Trax. They both have 16 liters internal volume (two beef/chicken combos at Yoshinoya). The Trax is waterproof, the Tour is made of fabric and has side pockets which have good quality closure mechanisms. The only downside to the Trax is that the side pockets are just nylon nets which can disgorge small dense objects on bumpy roads. They go on and off quickly and with minimal effort.

These things are great for centuries and commuting. I don't have that decision about taking the windbreaker or not. I carry lunch and a change of clothes to work every day. No worries.

No comments: